More First Day Notes
HIST 151: Early American History (First Day Notes)–Revised
Today Glenn Sunshine published “The Separation of Church and State” and, as a result, I have revised my notes for HIST 151.
- Show Glenn Sunshine’s “What Is a Worldview?“
- What shapes your worldview?
- What shapes America’s worldview?
- Show Making and American Citizen
- Discuss qualities of an American citizen
- What is the role of religion and citizenship?
- How separate is the separation of church and state?
- Show Senator Kennedy’s 12 September 1960 speech before the Greater Houston Ministerial Association
Homework: Read Glenn Sunshine’s “The Separation of Church and State” and locate other points of view on separation of church and state.
HIST 134: Ancient World History (First Day Notes)
- Show “Shift Change” from Metropolis
- Show The Story of Siddhartha: Education
- Show Spartan Teach Conference
- Discussion of Class Expectations
- Create a film scenes for The Gay Shoe Clerk
- Present scenes
- Show The Gay Shoe Clerk (1904)
- Mini-lecture on lack of gay people in the ancient world (as described in “Dr. Berg is Definitely Not Gay“)
- Show Horrible Histories’ “Battle of Themopylae“